Last revised: 10/02/2021
By using the Site, you agree that we can store and access cookies as described in this policy.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work in a better, more efficient way. They can do this because websites can read and write these files, enabling them to recognise your device and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient (e.g., by remembering your user preferences).
What cookies do we use?
Below we briefly describe the different types of cookies we may use on our website.
- Essential Cookies - These cookies are essential to our website in order to enable you to move around it and to use its features. Without these absolutely necessary cookies, we may not be able to provide certain services or features and our website will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like.
- Performance Cookies - Performance cookies, which are sometimes called analytics cookies, collect information about your use of this Site. They collect aggregated data of users (which is anonymous) and enable us to improve how the website works. For example, performance cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the website, allow us to see the overall patterns of usage on our website, help us record any difficulties you have with our website and show us whether our advertising is effective or not.
- Functionality Cookies - In some circumstances, we may use functionality cookies. Functionality cookies allow us to remember the choices you make on our Site and to provide enhanced and more personalized features, such as customising a certain webpage, remembering if we have asked you to participate in a promotion and for other services you request, like watching a video or commenting on a blog. All of these features help us to improve your visit to our website. The information these cookies collect may be made anonymous in your browser.
- Flash Cookies (also known as Advertising Cookies or Targeting Cookies - These cookies are used to deliver adverts that are more relevant to you and your interests. To improve your user experience, Local Shared Objects (commonly known as “Flash cookies”) are employed to provide functions such as remembering your settings and preferences.
We may, in certain situations, use Adobe Flash Player to deliver special content, such as video clips or animation. Flash cookies are stored on your device, but they are managed through an interface different from the one provided by your web browser. This means it is not possible to manage Flash cookies at the browser level, in the same way you would manage cookies. Instead, you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website directly. The Adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies see for further information. Please be aware that if you disable or reject Flash cookies for this Site, you may not be able to access certain features, such as video content or services that require you to sign in.
This feature is based on Display Advertising (e.g., Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
This data is used to provide better services and more relevant content to our users based on demographic and interest data. You can opt out of this feature by downloading the Google Analytics Opt Out browser add-on.
Remarketing. We also use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Display Network (GDN). As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other third party remarketing system.
We and our third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to:
- Inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website; and
- Find out how ad impressions, ad services, and your interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
We implement Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google to support Google features such as Display Advertising (e.g. Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) to help us understand our website visitors better. You can prevent your data from being collected by installing the Google Analytics Opt Out add-on.